DIY Glow In The Dark Sprinklers

Sounds so fun, right? :) It's super easy and cheap, too!


Here's what you'll need to make your own glow-in-the-dark sprinkler!

1. An empty plastic bottle.



2. Duct tape



3. Glow sticks/necklaces



4. Knife and Craft Table or somewhere sturdy for poking holes. Can you tell in the picture below that my craft table is well used? :)



First you're going to want to rinse out your plastic bottle, especially if it had anything other than water inside it. You don't want to attract ants! If your bottle has a label, take it off so you'll get the full glowing effect.

Next, take a knife and punch about 4-6 slits in the container. You don't want huge holes or you won't have enough pressure build up to have shooting water like a real sprinkler. I hope you can see the slits I made in the bottle in this photo.



Once it's dark activate your glow sticks and put as many as you desire or will fit inside the bottle.

For the next step, you'll probably need an extra set of hands. Duct tape the bottle to your hose. Make sure the tape goes about three inches down the hose so it's secured.

When you first turn on the water, start with low pressure. When we turned on the water for the first time, we had it on full blast. The bottle turned into a rocket and flew off the hose! Haha! Once the water is spraying through the holes you can turn the water on higher to get taller sprays.

Here's a picture of what it looks like during the day without glow sticks. Even our bird enjoyed it!






 So much fun!!! I hope you have fun making this for your own kiddos. :)





Where I Party:
Someday Crafts, No Minimalist Here, Sew Much Crafting, I Gotta Create, Seven Alive, Live Laugh Rowe, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Ginger Snap Crafts, Trendy Treehouse, Sew Much Ado, The DIY Dreamer, If It's Not Baroque, Hickory Trail, My Turn For Us, Funky Junk Interiors, Create, Craft, Love, Simply Dream & Create, Suburbs Mama, Raising Memories, Classy Clutter, I Should Be Mopping, Under the Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Piggy In Polka Dots, Homemaker on a Dime, Alderberry Hill, C.R.A.F.T., Sew Can Do, Crafting My Way to Success, A Peek into My Paradise, Create With Joy, Natasha in Oz, The Gunny Sack, Better With Age, Crafty Confessions, Elizabeth & Co., Katherine's Corner, Lamberts Lately, Uncommon Designs,

Share this:

CONVERSATION

13 comments:

  1. I want your bird! ;0) Awesome Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun! They had a ball! :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a sweetie! Her name is Papaya. She's super friendly and smart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara from The Magnolia BarnJune 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM

    Such a fun idea! Just pinned and can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool idea! I love that the bird got into the sprinkler as well! How funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelley RobertsonJune 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM

    Oh my gosh how cool is that! Thank you for sharing at Party In Polka Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this DIY!! Pinned!
    I'm also your newest GFC follower via Evelyn at My Turn for Us...hope you'll stop by and say hello :)


    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evelyn @ My Turn (for us)June 7, 2013 at 5:20 AM

    Sharing on Facebook and pinning as one of this weeks Freedom Fridays Features!!
    Thanks for sharing:)))


    Hugs


    PS Now following via GFC:)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU were featured today!

    http://www.piggyinpolkadots.com/2013/06/party-in-polka-dots-26-linky-and-sweet.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thank you all for your positive feedback!! You have all made my day....I needed it! I feel very encouraged. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like amazing fun and I would love to try it.

    water slide

    ReplyDelete