DIY: EASY Bow and Arrow

My boys love to use hangers as bows and pretend they are shooting invisible arrows at whatever they are hunting or being chased by. I decided while watching them play that I'd make them "real" lethal weapons to play with!! Then I had a vision of Fat Amy saying, "Mmmm, better not." Then I decided to make them "play" bow and arrows. ;)



Here's what you'll need

1. Old plastic hanger
2. Hand Saw/Or bread knife if you're okay with that
3. Colored Duct Tape
4. Empty Toilet Paper Roll
5. Scissors
6. String
7. Mad Taping Skills



Alrighty. First you're going to cut your hanger in three areas as shown in this image. Set aside the bottom part of the hanger. It will be your arrow later on.



Next, take your empty toilet paper roll and cut a straight line down it's center as shown. Wrap the roll around the center of the upper part of the hanger in the middle. This will be the hand grip. Take your  duct tape and use it to cover and attach your roll as shown.



I took a piece of duct tape and folded it to make a pointed arrow piece that I then attached to the end of the bottom piece of the hanger.





The last thing I did was tie the string onto my bow and tape the pieces in place.



And BAM!!! EASY Bow and Arrow in less than 15 minutes for the kiddos to use for hours of fun!

 
 
 
Where I Party:
Someday Crafts, No Minimalist Here, Sew Much Crafting, I Gotta Create, Seven Alive, Live Laugh Rowe, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Ginger Snap Crafts, Trendy Treehouse, Sew Much Ado, The DIY Dreamer, If It's Not Baroque, Hickory Trail, My Turn For Us, Funky Junk Interiors, Create, Craft, Love, Simply Dream & Create, Suburbs Mama, Raising Memories, Classy Clutter, I Should Be Mopping, Under the Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Piggy In Polka Dots, Homemaker on a Dime, Alderberry Hill, C.R.A.F.T., Sew Can Do, Crafting My Way to Success, A Peek into My Paradise, Create With Joy, Natasha in Oz, The Gunny Sack, Better With Age, Crafty Confessions, Elizabeth & Co., Katherine's Corner, Lamberts Lately, Uncommon Designs,

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    What a fabulous tutorial - love seeing activities for boys (and tom-boys)!
    I'm stopping by from Freedom Fridays - hope you're having an amazing day!
    - Ang, Juggling Act Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ang! It is soo fun! Even I was playing with them. hee hee Thanks for stopping by I shall return the visit. :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. You were featured here today! Thank you for linking up!!
    http://www.piggyinpolkadots.com/2013/10/party-in-polka-dots-33-features.html

    ReplyDelete