DIY ~ No Sew Shirt Embellish

So you are bored with your wardrobe but have no money to go on an insane shopping spree? Well, then let's get creative!

Never be afraid to grab your scissors when it comes to clothing. If a top is too long...cut it. Have a pair of jeans that you don't wear because the knees ripped or your kids' pants fit around their waist but are too short? Make shorts! Have a dress you are bored with? Cut away the bottom half to make a new top. Remember the tank top that I made out of an old t-shirt for the beach?

Today I was bored with my same old shirts. Okay, so maybe I'm actually just scissor happy! One of my favorite things to do to my clothing is add a pop of color in some way. So I decided, after much inspiration from Pinterest, to cut a shape in the back of my shirt so a bright undershirt could show through! My undershirt would be my pop...but even cooler is the cut out shape that allows you to see it. I know others have actually glued or sewn material on the inside of the shirt for the pop of color but I want to be able to switch the colors whenever I feel like it.

Here's my easy no sew tutorial for creating a fun embellishment on any shirt using only chalk and scissors!

First you're going to lay your desired shirt inside out on a flat surface. If you need to, iron out any wrinkles. I don't iron but since you're cutting straight lines, you don't want it to end up uneven. (Quick Update: I did this to the 'back' of my shirt but you can do the front if you want to)



Take your chalk and draw your desired "simple" shape. I'm doing a heart. If you are worried about your drawing skills you can always just find a free heart (or other shape) printout online, cut it out, and use it as your guide. Now you want to draw parallel lines inside the heart as shown.





Cut the straight lines only!



Find a fun undershirt or tanktop to wear underneath and show off your crafty awesomeness!!


Thanks for stopping by to check out this tutorial! Lot's of fun stuff coming up so be sure to stop by each day for some inspiration. :)
 
 
 
Where I Party:
Someday Crafts, No Minimalist Here, Sew Much Crafting, I Gotta Create, Seven Alive, Live Laugh Rowe, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Ginger Snap Crafts, Trendy Treehouse, Sew Much Ado, The DIY Dreamer, If It's Not Baroque, Hickory Trail, My Turn For Us, Funky Junk Interiors, Create, Craft, Love, Simply Dream & Create, Suburbs Mama, Raising Memories, Classy Clutter, I Should Be Mopping, Under the Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Piggy In Polka Dots, Homemaker on a Dime, Alderberry Hill, C.R.A.F.T., Sew Can Do, Crafting My Way to Success, A Peek into My Paradise, Create With Joy, Natasha in Oz, The Gunny Sack, Better With Age, Crafty Confessions, Elizabeth & Co., Katherine's Corner, Lamberts Lately, Uncommon Designs,

 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment